Backend Developer (.Net/Java)
Hi, we are looking for a backend developer (ideally full-stack engineer who does not hesitate also frontend development) to join our team for an interesting innovative project in digital healthcare.
While I will continue to try to describe everything usual in the ad - about us, about the position and about our expectations from you, the most important message is this:
We like to ask for meaning and avoid pigeonholing - e.g. more important than the length of your knowledge and experience with specific technologies and frameworks (but those are definitely needed too! ) is that you have an open mind, know or at least actively seek out what you enjoy and find fulfilling, have a willingness to learn, like to see good work behind you that helps someone else, and all of this happened while you were making software. If you add to that a feel for how things look and how they're used, that's exactly it. We in turn offer interesting projects and applications, growth, a sense of purpose, freedom and fun. So if you feel like talking more about all that, let us know!
That's basically it - then the promised details and facts:
- we are a medium-sized Czech Software Development Lab
- we produce "software with smart essence" - see our website for examples of what we mean by that
- clients are start-ups and innovative companies in the US, Germany, Switzerland, UK and here
- we are good at healthcare, transportation & logistics, edu-tech, clean-tech, interactive media, AR/VR, automation, applied AI
- we like to ask why rather and sooner than what and how
- we operate very freely and virtually on the principles of mutual trust and accountability
why this job...
- working on a project around innovative trends in medicine and healthcare
- applications that make sense and serve people around the world
- a team of former Computer Scientist and AI Scientists who are there to learn from every day
- full-cycle agile development - from requirements analysis to operations and support
- a lot of freedom to plan your own time - even when studying
- work from home or from office according to your preferences and time availability
- exposure to high-tech IT innovations such as AI, interactive media, large cloud systems, newest development tools et al.
why don't you...
- you like to think and do software, you just enjoy both and you want to keep doing it
- you have more than a year of development experience in .NET, (or Java if you want to skip it)
- and if you also work with React.js (or Angular or ...) on the front-end, that's great, but not a requirement
- and if you are experienced with cloud services like Azure and AWS, that’s a big plus
- you're not just a coder waiting to be told exactly what to do
- you have a basic understanding of computer science, networking & object oriented programming
- it fits the principles of OOP design
- you've encountered agile development
- you are comfortable with English both written and spoken
- you take a "learning-by-doing" approach and continuous learning
- you value simplicity, elegance and creativity + like to see the results of your work at the same time
and a little more about our environment...
- flexible time management (self-paced work mode)
- virtual collaboration with colleagues from several countries
- ... but also offices in the center of Prague (near the metro station Florenc), if you need
- freedom instead of meal vouchers and informal atmosphere
- open communication and arguments instead of hierarchy
- personal growth by balancing challenges vs. productivity
- regular edu sessions on topics chosen by the team